BDSI - Association of the German Confectionery Industry
The BDSI represents the economic interests of predominantly medium-sized companies in the German confectionery industry.
Membership is possible either as a pay-scale company or as a non-pay-scale company. Sector-related companies/institutions may have a sponsor membership. The BDSI's member companies represent around 90% of sector sales.
The BDSI covers the following product groups:
- Chocolate Products
- Fine Bakery Wares
- Sugar Confectionery Products
- Brand Ice Cream
- Savoury Snacks
- Chewing Gum
- Raw Pastes
The BDSI is
- a trade association and employers' association with over 200 member companies
- the representative of the confectionery industry's interests vis-à-vis politicians and public authorities at national, European, and at international level
- the spokesperson of the German confectionery industry as regards the general public and the media
- a service provider, information broker, and problem solver for its members
- founder and co-organiser of the International Sweet and Biscuits Fair (ISM), SweetsChina, Sweets Middle East and ProSweets Cologne.
The organization is composed of: